8.26.2007

Mike Vick, Dog Fighting, and Deer Hunting


Subscribe to The United Fakes of America

UPDATE: Please read my response to Chaplain Nancy Cronk's important comment below.

Hey Nancy, would you mind telling Dick—head of all fowl slayers—Cheney to stop shooting birds for sport? My lawyer will accompany you and threaten to lock him up for five years if he continues to open fire (wink, wink).


It appears that U.S. government hypocrisy has reared its ugly head again. Freedom of religion (as long as you were a white "Christian"). Freedom of the press (unless you print inconvenient truths). Now this.

The fact is, either killing animals is wrong or it's not. Then, either torturing animals is wrong, like the birds VP Dick Cheney fires at for sport, or it's not.

It is hypocritical to charge, "no dog fighting!" (BTW, people are rarely punished for dog fighting but strangely, Vick was. Winning in court isn't all (only) about the Benjamin's after all.) but allow the VP (Dick Chaney) to hunt ducks.

You cannot allow the torture of humans via "extraordinary renditions" in black sites but disallow the torture of pit bulls to be punishable by fine and imprisonment.

Post your comments at the end of the post.

Stephon Marbury's comments on the Michael Vick case :

“I think we don’t say anything about people who shoot deer or shoot other animals. You know, from what I understand, dogfighting is a sport. It’s just behind closed doors. I think it’s tough that we build up Michael Vick and then we break him down. I think he’s one of the superb athletes and he’s a good human being. I think he fell into a bad situation.”
I can walk into any forest right now with a high powered rifle and shoot whatever I please but I can’t take 2 dogs that I own, that are my possessions and let them fight in my own house?
The vice-president blew a man’s face off hunting a bird that barely exists and no one said peep about it but you can’t train 2 filthy dogs to fight?

blog it
If it truly were a war on terror they'd arrest the KKK.









No comments yet